Students will participate in over 1,000 hours of apprenticeship. This guided mentorship will take place at a well-respected local restaurant or bakery under the tutelage of a seasoned chef, and allow the student to gain valuable experience in a professional bakery or restaurant kitchen.
Students will participate in the following modules (approx. 5 hours per module) as part of their learning objectives during the apprenticeship:
- Module 1: Interview Skills & Apprenticeship Orientation.
- Module 2: Culinary Career Paths.
- Module 3: Menu Development & Costing.
- Module 4: Vendor Relations Field Trip.
- Module 5: Operations Field Trip.
- Module 6: Produce Farm Field Trip.
- Module 7: Coffee Roaster Field Trip.
- Module 8: Wine + Cheese Pairing Field Trip.
- Exit Interview.
- Acknowledgement Ceremony.